THE OFFICIAL REMARKS OF HIS EXCELLENCY CORNEL RASANGA AMOTH DURING THE 2ND SWEARING IN OF A SECTION OF THE CABINET OF THE COUNTY GOVERNMENT OF SIAYA ON THURSDAY 31ST MAY 2018 AT THE OFFICE OF THE GOVERNOR, SIAYA COUNTY HEADQUARTERS
Member (s) of The National Assembly,
Members of The County Executive,
Members of The County Assembly,
Ladies and Gentlemen,
1. Congratulations are in order to the team that has been sworn in today to join the Executive Committee of The County Government of Siaya
2. In the interest of the people of Siaya County, you are all expected to hit the ground running and familiarize quickly with the operations of your respective departments
3. Based on your competencies, I am convinced that you will ensure quality service delivery in your respective dockets and address all gaps that you will have identified in your tour of duty.
4. I urge you to quickly familiarize yourselves with our working documents including the County Integrated Development Plan 2018/2019, The Annual Development Plans, The Program Based Budgets, Relevant Laws and Regulations, Kenya’s Vision 2030 and its Medium-Term Plans.
5. Four major pillars of public service including a clear VISION for your department, quality PERFORMANCE contracting, personal INTEGRITY and quality SERVICE delivery to the people of Siaya County must guide you at all times.
6. I also encourage you to work in consultation with all relevant stakeholders to maximize performance beyond the county resources. I further call on the public to support my government in achieving all noble plans outlaid in our development blue prints.
7. Let me conclude by thanking the County Assembly of Siaya led by The County Speaker Hon. George Okode for finally approving the final list of the Executive Committee members. The impasse was hurting service delivery and this gesture by the legislative house is commendable.
8. We are generally agreed that there must be open and free communication between the assembly and the executive moving forward to avoid any hindrances and delays to service delivery in the future.
9. We must and will work as a team in the best interest of the county and chat a new path of progress for the general good of the Siaya peoples.
God Bless You
H.E. CORNEL RASANGA AMOTH,
COUNTY GOVERNMENT OF SIAYA