Excellence in land management for sustainable development
To achieve sustainable development through sound planning principles, efficient management of Land Resource, equitable access, secure tenure and improved access to affordable, adequate and quality housing to all people of Siaya County.
To ensure efficient management of land resource and improved access to decent housing within the county
Issuance of tittle deeds
· Sensitization of the people to acquire tittle deeds which are lying in registries
· Establish and equip Land registries in Ugunja,Rarieda and Gem Sub County to bring services close to the people
Audit of public land
· Audit and mapping all public land
· Fencing to secure land
· Formulation of policy and legislation to safe guard public land
· Documentation and issuance of tittle deeds
Acquisition of land for investment and public use
· Buy land for investment
· Acquire land for public purposes like dump sites,cemeteries,markets and bus parks where land is lacking in Urban Centers
Revising and preparation valuation Roll for Urban Centers in the County
· Valuation rolls prepared to enhance value of land.
· Recurrent valuation staff outsource valuation services.
County Executive Committee Member: Land, Physical Planning, Housing and Urban Development
Hon. Adrian Ouma Ogutu
Ag. Chief Officer: Land, Physical Planning, Housing and Urban Development
Apply alternative dispute resolution mechanism to solve conflicts regarding boundaries, land/plot ownership through committees and arbitration
DEVELOPMENT CONTROL(Development approvals, sub-divisions and change of user)
· Institute effective land management methods
· Streamline management of land control boards
LAND ADJUDICATION AND REGISTRATION OF TITTLES
· Note that most land in the community is adjudicated and registered (97%)
· Demarcation and registration of unregistered community land
· Demarcation of survey of islands in Lake Victoria (Mageta, Ndedaand Oyamo)
· Demarcation and survey of Yala swamp
· Survey and registration of group ranches
· Establishment of county GIS laboratory with ICT equipment and software
· Preparation of county spatial plan
· Preparation of integrated development plan for gazette towns (bondo and usenge)
· Preparation for physical development plans for Akala,Ndori,LuandaKotieno and other Urban centers.
Development control and enforcement
· Recruit of enforcement personnel
· Sensitization on physical planning act
· Participatory management is applied
· Lack of adequate finance recourse for recurrent and development hindrance for implement projects.