KENYA LIVESTOCK COMMERCIALIZATION PROJECT (KeLCoP)
|Ref No: MOA&LD /SDLD/KELCOP/ NCB/01/2023-2024
|Proposed Rehabilitation of Livestock Markets and Livestock Sale Yards for Kenya Livestock Commercialization Project (KeLCoP) in Baringo, Bungoma, Busia, Elgeyo Marakwet, Kakamega, Samburu, Marsabit, Nakuru, Siaya and Trans-Nzoia
|Ref No: MOA&LD/SDLD/KELCOP/ NCB/02/2023-2024
|Proposed Drilling, rehabilitation and Equipping of Boreholes in Marsabit, Siaya, Elgeyo Marakwet, Samburu and Baringo counties
|Ref No: MOA&LD/SDLD/KELCOP/ NCB/03/2023-2024
|Proposed Construction and Equipping of water pans in Samburu and Siaya counties
|Ref No: MOA&LD /SDLD/KELCOP/ NCB/04/2023-2024
|Proposed rehabilitation of slaughter houses in Elgeyo Marakwet and Siaya Counties
- The Government of Kenya (GoK) through the National Treasury has received financing from the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) and intends to apply a part of the proceeds to the financing of this procurement. The use of any IFAD financing shall be subject to IFAD’s approval, pursuant to the terms and conditions of the financing agreement, as well as IFAD’s rules, policies and procedures. IFAD and its officials, agents and employees shall be held harmless from and against all suits, proceedings, claims, demands, losses and liability of any kind or nature brought by any party in connection with Kenya Livestock Commercialization Project (KeLCoP) under the State Department for Livestock
- The Kenya Livestock Commercialization Project (KeLCoP) is a six-year project jointly funded by; Government of Kenya (GOK), International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), Heifer International, Participating Financial Institutions (PFI) and Beneficiary communities. The Project came into force on 05 March 2021 with a Completion date of 31 March 2027 and Loan Closing date of 30 September The Project Goal is to contribute to the Government’s agriculture transformation Agenda of increasing rural small-scale farmers’ incomes, food and nutrition security. The development objective is to increase incomes of 110,000 poor livestock and pastoralist households, especially youth and women, in an environmentally friendly manner, in selected project areas of the 10 participating counties. The Project areas are Semi-Arid counties (Elgeyo Marakwet and Baringo), Arid counties (Marsabit and Samburu) and other areas are Busia, Bungoma, Kakamega, Siaya, Nakuru and Trans Nzoia.
- This IFB follows the General Procurement Notice that appeared on the IFAD website on 22nd November 2023, the United Nations Development Business (UNDB) website on 22nd November 2023 and the Daily Nation News- paper(MyGov publication) on 21st November,
- The employer now invites sealed bids from eligible entities (“bidders”) for the execution and completion of Proposed Construction works which are being bid as a unit price contract based on the Bills of quantities.
- This IFB is open to all eligible bidders who are contractors with business permits/trade licenses and registered with the respective County Governments as stated in the Lots and wish to Subject to the restrictions stipulated in the bidding document, eligible bidders may associate with other bidders to enhance their capacity to successfully carry out the works.
- The works, and the contract/s expected to be awarded, are divided into lots stated in the bid documents
- A contractor will be selected using the national competitive bidding (NCB) method in accordance with the IFAD Procurement Handbook accessible at ifad.org/project-procurement. The NCB process will include a review and verification of qualifications and past performance, including a reference check, prior to the contract award.
8. Please note that a pre-bid conference will be held as described in the Bid Data Sheet (“BDS”), Section III of the bidding document.
- Bidders interested in submitting a bid shall purchase the bidding document against payment of a non-refundable fee of Kenya Shillings One thousand by sending an e-mail or letter, giving full contact details of the bidder, to the following point of This will ensure that the bidders receive updates regarding the bidding document.
- Bidding documents may also be viewed and obtained electronically for free from kelcop.or.ke firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com websites. Bidders who download the bidding document must forward their particulars immediately to firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com to facilitate any further clarification or addendum.
- Bidding documents obtained electronically will be free of
- The bidders shall chronologically serialize/paginate all pages of the bidding documents
- Bids must be delivered to the address and in the manner specified in the BDS ITB 1, no later than 1100 hours East African Time on Monday 29th January 2024
- Bids will be opened immediately after the deadline date and time specified above or any dead line date and time specified later. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the bidders’ designated representatives who choose to
- Bidders should be aware that late bids will not be accepted under any circumstance and will be returned unopened at the written request and cost of the All bids must be accompanied by a bid security or a bid securing declaration (as required) in the manner and amount specified in the Bid Data Sheet.
- Please note that electronic bids shall not be accepted
Project Management & Coordination Unit, Kenya Livestock Commercialization Project (KeLCoP),
P.O. Box 12261-20100 Nakuru, Kenya firstname.lastname@example.org